Jack of Random Thoughts has posted the latest edition of Haveil Havalim
, the weekly carnival of Jewish and Israeli issues.
Some of what I learned:
- Yom Ha'atzmaut is Hebrew for "go to the park and eat a cow".
- Like me, ImaBima likes the blue in Tsfat.
- Israelis know how to party.
- Is anyone conflicted about celebrating July 4th? (read Jewschool)
- How to read combat statistics (Daled Amos)
- I'm glad I don't live in South Africa.
- Eli Cohen may have been the greatest spy in Israeli history.
- There's more about the fasting after Pesach (which I wrote about previously) at Adderabbi.
And wish Jack a Happy 39th Birthday.