Twitter Landing Page

December 8th, 2009 by

The Page You Land on if You Arrive From Twitter

The Page You Land on if You Arrive From Twitter

I spent much of today putting a shopping cart online for a client. The site, which will feature some beautiful artistic works, won’t be public until February.

Above is a screenshot of my Twitter Landing Page – meaning, if you are on Twitter and you get to my profile, the link will take you to the above page. I worked on this a while back and wanted to show it off (you can click on the screenshot to see the page). The idea is I don’t know why someone is following me on Twitter; so if they want to know more about me, I’ve giving them 6 options (plus more in the menu) to travel to next. If you want to know more, you can read What is a Twitter Landing Page? In some ways, it’s an excuse to design another page. And to have yet another entrance page to a website.

14 Responses to Twitter Landing Page

1. Stine says:

You know tons more about designng a web page than I do, that’s for sure!

Stine, thanks, I do put in a lot of time improving my skills – there’s always more to do, more to tweak, more to learn. I enjoy when I get to learn by working for a client.

2. Vicki says:

Leora, I really like this because I’ve always struggled with what to link to on Twitter. I’m wondering if you were thinking about making it more specific such as, “Welcome, Tweep!” or something like that that directly acknowledges that the person is coming from Twitter.

Thanks, Vicki. Since you are more of a writer, you will probably want more writing on your Twitter page. I really wanted to emphasize “less is more” on this page. Other older pages on my site need to be de-clutterized, in my opinion.

I’m working on a post for http://biz.leoraw.com/ – perhaps that will give you some ideas, when you see other samples.

The truth is, after a while I think people will be entering this page from Google, too, not just from Twitter.

3. Ilana-Davita says:

Obviously the homepage of a professional. Well-done Leora! Your page is beautiful and clear at the same time; what more could one ask?

4. Risa says:

Very impressive!

5. Batya says:

Oh my, so impresive. I haven’t been onto twitter for months. You’re amazing. I’m happy I can type.

6. Dhaval Jani says:

I like this idea and your page too!

7. Jew Wishes says:

What wonderful results your present the viewer! I am so impressed with your creative edge, and am so very proud of you, my friend.

8. I always like you designs as they are always so clear…not cluttered or confusing…This is new to me..I keep forgetting to Tweet…GGG