Red Peppers for Thursday Challenge Reds

February 27th, 2013 by

red peppers
Red peppers are red. Green peppers are green. Thursday Challenge is RED. Red books were once seen. What would you do with a red pepper?

24 Responses to Red Peppers for Thursday Challenge Reds

1. Jama says:

I’m not a big fan of the bell pepper, I usually toss them in my stir fry chicken/ beef.

I don’t like them raw but I like them with fish or chicken, or roasted and marinated.

3. Mara says:

I use bell peppers in my pasta sauce. Although I sometimes do eat them raw as well. Especially when I have run out of apples to take to work!

4. Neeraj says:

Nice little rhyme you have going there. hah
    Red peppers taste good with pasta.

5. Red peppers are my favourite. Especially the long thin ones we get at Costco in a bag. I think they’re called Crescent Peppers. They come from Spain, and are sweet and flavourful. We love them in everything. Especially Greek salads!

6. Lorri says:

I like sweet red peppers. They are great as a snack, in a salad or stir fry.

I do not like green ones.

I prefer red to green as well. I discovered when ordering seeds that the peppers first turn green. You wait twenty more days, and they turn red. Same seeds.

7. Gert Jan says:

Very ‘Red’! ;-) It makes me hungry too!

Greetings from the Netherlands, DzjieDzjee

8. Violet N. says:

What a fun interpretation of red! It’s especially effective against the white plate. I was trying to find a word in your red pepper shapes. I suppose you could send messages with them, if or twisted and shaped them just right.

Violet, ha! You are the first to notice and mention the letters. I was trying to spell “red.” Maybe next time I will spend more time “playing with my food” before playing with the camera to get the shot.

9. alexa says:

I love the way you spelled out the word ‘red’ with the peppers!

10. Beautiful artistic picture… I love Red capsicums….

11. Carletta says:

Salad, stir fry, chili addition…
    These look so deliciously crunchy! It’s 2:30 in the morning here and they are making me crave the crunch. :)

12. I only use the green ones when I cook..but the red are so very pretty.. Michelle