Michelle of Rambling Woods started a new meme called “Nature Notes.” I really like the idea. So I decided to divide “nature” into a few parts: flora, fauna, weather, and … everything else natural? water, dirt, air? I think her plan is for us to post on a Thursday. But I’m thinking about this now, so here goes:
- Few flowers, other than crocus and snowdrops, have bloomed here yet.
- But lots of green is popping its way out of the ground, such as my columbines and daffodils.
- I saw a pretty red cardinal last week! I took a photo through the window, but it didn’t come out well, and I erased it.
- I hope to visit the stream down the street from my home in the next few days to see how it looks.
- It’s been alternately cold and warmish here. Today I wore my winter coat, and the sky was cloudy.
- We often have a variety of birds visiting our backyard. A neighbor’s cat seems to like to lie in the corner near the fence.
- I planted peas and radish on Sunday. The ground was easy to dig; I am optimistic about my spring garden.
I hope you will join in the Nature Notes meme. Even if you live in the city, there are still plants, animals and air! Right?