On My Blog
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- Jew Wishes reviews Beatrice and Virgil (same author as Life of Pi).
- Ilana-Davita presents the first of her blog interviews, Weekly Interview: Treppenwitz.
- Mother in Israel has a provocative and well-discussed post called Should Co-Sleeping be Outlawed?
- Carver posted about Melanoma Awareness (a topic that hits too close to home for her).
- On a related topic, HaAretz had an article:
Skin cancer increasingly likely among Jewish Israeli men
There were some nutrition prevention suggestions on that article:
“Dr. Niva Shapira, a nutrition counselor at the Cancer Association also noted that recent studies have shown a Mediterranean diet rich in fish and olive oil reduces the risk of melanoma.
Food proven to help protect against radiation includes broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, kiwi, grapes, strawberries, oranges, fish, olive oil, avocado, almonds, tea, cacao and spices including rosemary and sage.
In contrast, processed red meat; Omega 6-rich oils like sunflower, corn and soy oil; fried food; celery; parsley and figs all increase skin oxidation and skin cancer risk. “
Upcoming: Why Do Jews Eat Dairy on Shavuot? The standard, the fun, the funny, the historical, the hysterical. Feel free to leave your own funny comments on this topic in this post, if you dare to see your words (name dropped) appear in the upcoming post.