My daughter took this photo of Baby at Play (1876) by Thomas Eakins at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. last summer.
On My Blog
Watch the film: Pierre’s Reckless Adventure
My favorite comment this week by Mrs. S: “The Sephardim follow the Shulchan Aruch (R’ Yosef Karo), who – in this case – follows the Ashkenazi Tosafot. Meanwhile, the Ashkenazim follow the Rama (R’ Moshe Isserles), who – in this case – follows the Rambam (Maimonides – not the Ramban (Nachmanides)). This is unusual, because in general, the Shulchan Aruch tends to follow the Rambam, and the Rama doesn’t.” Got that?
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- An interesting take on school uniforms by Mrs. S.
- Ilana-Davita talks about sign language for babies.
- I was visiting A Green Earth, and I found a link called Just Cancer. On the website for Just Cancer, I found Disease Proof Your Life with the Anti-Cancer Diet, Part I and Part II. Highlights of Part II: fatty fish, fruit, berries and dark chocolate!
- A lovely post on the blessings of Jacob
- Daniel reviews The Yiddish Policemen’s Union by Michael Chabon: “The premise is that the nascent State of Israel was destroyed by the Arab League in 1948. The survivors of the Holocaust and the Arab massacre were granted a sixty year lease…”