On My Blog
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- Ilana-Davita asked some good questions about the parsha (which is Bo, about the end of the ten plagues and is quite violent).
- I finally finished reading Laish by Aharon Appelfeld, which is reviewed beautifully here by Jew Wishes. I cannot even begin to imagine being a 15 year old without parents who is raised by this caravan, but in some ways it is similar to Aharon Appelfeld’s story, who also lost his parents quite young.
- Mrs. S. is playing one of my favorite games, Othello. But she seems to be changing the rules.
- Muqata has an eye witness account about the IDF field hospital in Haiti: “A doctor and nurse from Germany came. They heard this is best hospital in Haiti. An emergency room team from Colombia arrived with all their equipment and asked if they could set up next to us to be part of our hospital. England is the enlightened country in Europe, the one which has an academic boycott of Israel; twenty British doctors and nurses asked to work with us.”
- Melissa wrote “It Takes a Community.”
12 thoughts on “Review with Magnolia Buds”
Thanks for including my questions in your review. I like the acount about the IDF hospital in Haiti.
You have had a busy week! I enjoyed your photos, and your zoo visit. Your magnolia bud photo is beautiful, so delicate and bathed in light.
Thank you for the link!
Here I thought I didn’t have much time at all for my blog this week (too busy working!) – but I did take out the time to put up some favorite pics.
Shabbat Shalom to All of you.
Thanks for the link, and Shabbat Shalom!
Another great round of pictures! 🙂
Are these new buds out now? The birds are all making spring sounds and we have a long way to go, but it makes me hopeful….
Yes, I took this photo this week.
The magnolia buds look like pussywillow.
Thank you for including me in your post.
Hope you had a wonderful Shabbos. I am on the lookout for a havdalah set on the Internet. I cannot wait to start this in my home.
I hope those buds mean spring isn’t that far away! I’ll wish that winter stays around a few more days though so that your Berkshires weather improves and you get back out onto the slopes.
Today was a great ski day, so that made up (sort of) for the bad weather yesterday. Thanks.