These tall, graceful pastels are now in my front yard. Instead of grass.
On My Blog
Kosher Cooking Carnival: Dairy, Meat OR Pareve
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- Ilana-Davita interviewed Mrs. S. this past week, one of my favorite bloggers. Certainly my favorite Heblish blogger (read her blog to find out more about funny Heblish).
- A Mother in Israel wrote about a disturbing topic: Orthodox Girls and Eating Disorders. Unfortunate but very important to discuss. A friend (who struggles with weight and food issues) said any culture that emphasizes food ends up with food issues. I would suggest that the inability to express one’s feelings because there is no safe place to do so adds to the problem.
- Daniel Saunders reviewed The Kite Runner.
- Robin, the wonderful photographer in Tel Aviv, needs your vote.
- On the topic of eye-opening photographers, visit Wolfish Musing’s water drop.
- Bronwyn writes Nuts! – “people who consume the most nuts are the least likely to be overweight” – and more on nuts. I asked my middle son if he would eat nuts, and he replied: “I like do-nuts.” Wise guy.
7 thoughts on “Review with Pastel Snapdragon”
Leora, I so agree about the feelings. The food is not really the point. I looked up that movie by the OU, Hungry to Be Heard. One of the women says that she felt a lot of pressure not to disappoint her parents–to be good looking, a good student, etc. Conformity plays a role too.
I’m glad you wrote the post. Like sexual abuse, it is one of those unspoken topics. One sad part about eating disorders is girls do it to themselves… the pressure to look good has too high a price.
“favorite Heblish blogger” – [blushes modestly] This is truly an honor, considering the vast number of Heblish blogs out there… 😉
Enjoy your gorgeous snapdragons, and Shabbat Shalom!
What alovely photo!
I had alrerady posted my review when I read Hannah’s post otherwise I would have included it. 🙂
Thanks for the link.
That would be my one criticism of Hannah’s post – don’t put up such an interesting, thought-provoking, disturbing-but-must-be-discussed topic on a Friday. Save it for a Tuesday or Wednesday.
What a lovely photo…I think you should do a water color of it and the pastel warmth.
Thank you so much for mentioning my participation in the Artists Wanted competition, I really appreciate your help in getting the word out.
Hope you’re having a great weekend!