So sad – New Jersey Dance School, where my daughter has studied dance since she was four years old, is closing. Thursday night was her last recital. Anyone remember the Blues Brothers performing Soul Man? These two teens (yes, they are girls dressed like men) did a fabulous job of tap dancing Soul Man. Have you ever heard of a Wish Sandwich?
On My Blog
Kosher Cooking Carnival: During the Omer Edition
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- Mrs. S. wrote a touching post about her grandmother, a”h.
- Lady Light shared some difficulties in her life regarding her daughter. Sometimes one blogs about pain, but it doesn’t necessarily feel much better having blogged.
- Ilana-Davita wrote about her new cookbook, Super Natural Every Day.
- Rayna Eliana remembers her father, saying “May you be with mommy, dancing the fox trot to the “Big Bands” music on the boardwalks at Jones Beach and Coney Island.”
- On Websites for Small Biz, I talked about ways to Display Information without Being Overly Geeky.
One more Blues Brothers tap shoeing girls photo:
5 thoughts on “Review with Soul Man”
Wow! Great shots. Mazal Tov!
I know how you feel, my daughter took lessons throughout her childhood and into her teens…when she stopped (the studio didn’t close down) it was sad, bittersweet. She then moved on to tennis.
Thank you for the mention.
How disappointing for your daughter! My daughter was very sad when she had to stop taking ballet. (They weren’t offering classes for older girls.) Fortunately, we found her a drawing class – which she really enjoys BA”H.
Thanks for the link, and shavua tov!
Thank you for including my post. So sad about the dance school closing down. I hope you can find her another one she likes just as much.
I had hoped to send my daughter to that school. So sad about it closing.
The dancers appear to be so agile. Ah, to be so young again.
Your daughter must feel sad about the dance school closing.