Would you like to make a creamy eggplant dip, no dairy involved, with tangy flavor and chopped vegetables? Read on.
Ingredients for main dip:
- 1 eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion (optional)
- 1 lemon for its juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, cumin to taste
- Fresh cilantro (you can use parsley, but it won’t be quite as flavorful)
Ingredients for salad mixins / toppings:
- 2 or 3 red radishes, chopped small
- 1 cucumber, chopped in cubes
- 1 tomato, chopped in cubes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion (optional)
- 1 chopped scallion (optional)
Bake the eggplant in a casserole dish at 375 for about 1.5 hours or until soft. Scrape out the insides into food processor. Place all the ingredients for the main dip (garlic, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, spices, cilantro) into the food processor. Blend until smooth. Before serving, add chopped vegetables: radishes, cucumber, tomato, red onion, scallion. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
P.S. I just bought an Instant Pot. So far, I’ve used it to make flavored rice. Maybe my next watercolor will have some of the ingredients of my rice dish. Have you bought an Instant Pot? What do you make with it?
One thought on “Eggplant Dip Recipe – with Radish and Cilantro Watercolor”
Looks like a great recipe, but more importantly a lovely watercolor makes the whole thing come alive. Beautiful!