On My Blog
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- The post is called Hermit Crab – see an inspiring, beautiful watercolor by Carol Feldman.
- I am happy to see Batya participating in Ruby Tuesday – be sure to visit her photos with red, too!
- A Texan visits the Dachau Concentration Camp. (hat tip: Louis La Vache)
- Ilana-Davita posted a recipe for chicken with red peppers, which I made on Friday. I grilled it and then baked it a bit in the oven right before Shabbat. Tasty, though I think next time I should add more garlic.
- A disturbing post on Jews Leaving Sweden – talks about Malmo, which I read about in Caldwell’s book (see below).
- A discussion about modesty (tzniut or tznius) on Rachel’s blog.
Books I’m reading: I read most of the stories in The Jew of Home Depot and Other Stories by Max Apple. I would like to write a post on the story called “Stabbing an Elephant.” Can anyone guess what the story about stabbing an elephant is about? Hint: which Jewish holiday?
I started reading My Father’s Paradise: A Son’s Search for His Jewish Past in Kurdish Iraq by Ariel Sabar, a birthday present from a dear friend (thank you). It is a captivating book; Ariel Sabar tells his story and the story of his father with great flourish and engaging description.
I finished Reflections on the Revolution In Europe: Immigration, Islam, and the West by Christopher Caldwell – I highly recommend it, though the topic is a disturbing one.