It’s been quite a while since I did a blog review, and I owe a few people links, so I will aim to do them when I can on a Sunday morning instead of a Friday. I have more photos from the Longstreet Farm, but it was such a hot and sunny day that many of the pictures I took came out too bright. I may need to ton them down in Photoshop. The above one is a model of what might have appeared in the Longstreet farmhouse in the 1890’s. The original farmhouse was built in 1775 and more parts were added on in later years.
On My Blog
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- Thank you to Rebbetzin’s Husband for including JPIX Spring 2010 in last week’s experimental Haveil Havalim.
- Ilana-Davita posted an apricot cake recipe, and it inspired me to make a peach cake, though I used an apple cake recipe and modified it.
- Mrs. S. recommends the book Don’t Go Near the Water: “This wonderful, lighthearted, and hilariously funny novel focuses on a US naval PR unit based on Tulura (a fictional Pacific island) during World War II.”
- On the subject of funny books, Jew Wishes recommends The Frozen Rabbi. But she didn’t like the end. Too bad.
- Eva Abreu’s video interview with Gary Minkoff of Highland Park about Grandma Clara’s Original Cheesecake.