Kid-Friendly Spicy Potatoes
True confession: I’ve never tasted these. But my kids and my father loved them.
- 4-6 baking potatoes (make more so you can eat some after the baking and still have some for the recipe)
- canola oil, enough to coat the potatoes
- 1 heaping tablespoon ketchup (or tomato sauce if you want to avoid the high fructose corn syrup)
- required spices: black pepper and garlic powder
- optional spices: white pepper, onion powder, turmeric, allspice, paprika, cumin, oregano
Bake the potatoes for over an hour. Take them out of the oven when you can stick a fork in them. Eat a few of them, but make sure you have at least 4 large ones left for this recipe. When they are cool, you can either stick them in the refrigerator for a day or two, or continue with the recipe right away. Cut up the potatoes in cubes, without the skin. Toss them in oil and ketchup (or tomato sauce). Sprinkle with salt and spices. Bake for about twenty minutes. Serve warm.