On Tuesday night, the first night of Chanukah, the daughter, her friend and I wandered over to our local Highland Park Dunkin’ Donuts for a Rutgers Hillel candle lighting. We just went because it was a convenient time while we were waiting for the rest of the family to come home. The guitar playing and singing were quite nice, and thank you to Rabbi Esther Reed of Rutgers Hillel for the role she played in organizing the event. It was a fun way to start Chanukah.
On My Blog
Olive Oil Salad Dressings – a healthy Chanukah treat
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- Pragmatic Attic: Chanukah recipes and a parsha post – why three tables?
- Ilana-Davita: 10 Reasons to Visit Sweden and Thai Soup with Chickpeas
- Batya is celebrating Chanukah by visiting blog friends.
- I’ve talked about how social media plays an important role for small businesses. Hannah explains the role of social media in helping a friend who was suddenly in mourning for her dear father.
- Rafi has a post about the Dead Sea Scrolls in New York City. You know, given that it is only about an hour from here to New York, I really should go…
- Last by not least (aharon aharon haviv?), mazal tov to the bar-mitzvah eema.
8 thoughts on “Review with Candle Lighting”
I didn’t realize there was an event at Dunkin’ Donuts! Nice round-up. Thanks for the link.
And I thought I saw a flyer up in shul for a bus trip to NYC to see the exhibit.
Laura, there wasn’t a lot of publicity. It was mentioned by a Rutgers student on the Edison Highland Park Yahoo group. Mostly Rutgers students came.
I think I would rather go to NYC with daughter and husband, but finding time isn’t easy. Might be hard for my husband at this time of year – he has an end-of-year report due.
Thank you for linking to my blog, twice!
Shabbat Shalom and happy Chanukah.
We just got back from a wonderful weekend up North, and so I didn’t see this until now. Thanks for the link and for your good wishes. May we all share many future smachot!
Chag sameach, and glad you had a nice trip. Hope it’s blog-worthy.
I must check these links out. Thank you.
You always do such a nice review..