Tufted Titmouse and Blue Jay

November 11th, 2012 by

tufted titmouse
A tufted titmouse enjoyed the bird feeder I refilled two days after Hurricane Sandy came and went. I am rather burnt out of talking about post-storm problems, but in quick summary, most of Highland Park now has its power restored. We had wonderful utility workers from Florida who did much of the fixing (PSE&G was maxed out – I understand nearby Edison had workers from Ontario, Canada). So thank you, Florida and Canada. A few homes reportedly did not yet have power, but they’ve been promised fixing by today. We shall see. Meanwhile, back to the birds.

tufted titmouse
I was pleased to photograph a bird new to me – thank you, Michelle, for identifying the tufted titmouse.

tufted titmouse

blue jays
I’ve been seeing more blue jays recently than I have in the past. No signs of cardinals right now.

blue jay
Help yourself, Mr. Blue Jay.

blue jay
I will try my best to continue filling my bird feeder through the winter.

9 Responses to Tufted Titmouse and Blue Jay

I am glad the situation is almost back to normal in Highland Park. The colours of the blue jay are amazing and the tufted titmouse is cute!

2. Jewaicious says:

I love these photos…too adorable.

I am glad most of you have your power back.

3. I was excited for you as I just love these guys and their buzzy little chatter. They are cousins to the black-capped chickadees and you may see them, chickadees or your jays taking sunflower seeds away to hide in a safe place for the winter. I am glad they have a place to get food as due to the storm their normal areas to get insects, seeds etc may be gone…

I love your shots of the bluejays and tufted titmouse. They are both fun birds to watch.

Hello Leora, I love your birds. Both the Titmouse and jay are great yardbirds. I am so glad things are getting back to normal in your neighborhood. Thanks for sharing, have a great evening.

6. Kusum says:

Beautiful birds.

7. Glad the power’s been restored! Lovely photos of the birds,

8. Karen says:

Oh that’s a sweet little bird! We are seeing more cardinals than jays right now!