Review with Mime
It was fun to watch this mime perform on the boardwalk in Asbury Park. He would start to move towards you and then suddenly stop and freeze. When I gave my daughter some money to put in his bucket, he motioned toward her, but she didn’t know why. You can see what happened next in the photo at the bottom.
On My Blog
BIG GIGANTIC news today in our household is that the RPRY team of middle son (5 of them) won the Torah Bowl Championship. They previously won the New Jersey division, and today they beat New York schools SAR and HALB. Torah Bowl is sort of like Jeopardy – they get asked questions about certain parts of the Torah, and they have to answer quickly.
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- I got a kick out of this video of the preparation of a health salad. But he never does explain why he doesn’t think you should wash vegetables if you grow them in your own garden.
- Ilana-Davita conducted an interview with Rabbi Josh Yuter.
- Rayna Eliana reviewed City of Dreams, a historical novel that takes place in Amsterdam.
- I enjoyed chatting with Mrs. S. last week about Netanyahu’s speech to Congress. If you haven’t watched it, I recommend it. It’s historical.
- Sparrow Chatter has some exquisite shots of a florist’s window.
- Batya talks about problems with the new trains in Jerusalem and a certain politician who created many of the problems.
- Robin is starting Summer Stock Sunday 2011 – and these mime photos are my first entry.
Here’s my daughter and the mime – he had motioned toward her so she could get her picture taken with him. He did that to anyone who put money in his bucket.
I posted these mime photos as part of Straight Out Of the Camera -I have a bit of time online on Saturday night. On Sunday, I’ll be marching down 5th Avenue in New York City with my kids’ school.