It was fun to watch this mime perform on the boardwalk in Asbury Park. He would start to move towards you and then suddenly stop and freeze. When I gave my daughter some money to put in his bucket, he motioned toward her, but she didn’t know why. You can see what happened next in the photo at the bottom.
On My Blog
BIG GIGANTIC news today in our household is that the RPRY team of middle son (5 of them) won the Torah Bowl Championship. They previously won the New Jersey division, and today they beat New York schools SAR and HALB. Torah Bowl is sort of like Jeopardy – they get asked questions about certain parts of the Torah, and they have to answer quickly.
Elsewhere in the Blogosphere
- I got a kick out of this video of the preparation of a health salad. But he never does explain why he doesn’t think you should wash vegetables if you grow them in your own garden.
- Ilana-Davita conducted an interview with Rabbi Josh Yuter.
- Rayna Eliana reviewed City of Dreams, a historical novel that takes place in Amsterdam.
- I enjoyed chatting with Mrs. S. last week about Netanyahu’s speech to Congress. If you haven’t watched it, I recommend it. It’s historical.
- Sparrow Chatter has some exquisite shots of a florist’s window.
- Batya talks about problems with the new trains in Jerusalem and a certain politician who created many of the problems.
- Robin is starting Summer Stock Sunday 2011 – and these mime photos are my first entry.
Here’s my daughter and the mime – he had motioned toward her so she could get her picture taken with him. He did that to anyone who put money in his bucket.
I posted these mime photos as part of Straight Out Of the Camera -I have a bit of time online on Saturday night. On Sunday, I’ll be marching down 5th Avenue in New York City with my kids’ school.
16 thoughts on “Review with Mime”
Great and fabulous shots, love her smile…too beautiful for words.
Thank you for the mention.
Mazal tov to you and your son on his very impressive achievement!
Have fun at tomorrow’s parade, and thanks for including my post.
כל הכבוד to your son and his friends! I am happy to hear that you will be saluting us on Sunday. I remember fondly participating in those parades on 5th Avenue (probably before you were born!)
Congratulations to your so and his friends.
Enjoy the walk tomorrow – hope the weather is good- and thank you for the link.
That is so cool. Your daughter is beautiful.
that is so cool!
Love the mime, and congratulations to your son and his friends, what a terrific achievement!
Welcome back to Summer Stock Leora, it’s great to have you playing along again :).
My photography is available for purchase – visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
Great shot of your daughter with the mime.
Hello Leora, it’s good to reconnect again! I’m fascinated by the mime’s carefully aged clothing, and his perfect profile. Wonder what he looks like without the stage makeup. You daughter’s photo makes a fun portrait of summertime!
I’m not sure why so many people profess to dislike mimes — they fascinate me! This one looks so handsome and charming and he obviously has wonderful taste in women. She’s a cutie.
Yay Summer! (and yay Smart kids!)
You have a wonderful daughter and you got a great picture of the mime and her.
I enjoyed seeing the mime through your lenses. . .and congrats to your son. Brave rhododendron too.
The mime is very cool. It looks like she enjoyed getting her picture taken.
thanks so much for stopping by my summer stock–it looks like your daughter enjoyed meeting the mime. what a fun summer activity.
Wonderful shot of your daughter with the mime. 🙂